The end of the school year is almost here and with it the last push of art papers! How many masterpieces has your little artist brought home in the past year? It is so much fun to see the progression from the start of the year to the end, but what to do with every picture treasure that has come home since September?
Every parent wants their child to feel like the next Rembrandt, but let’s face it, we can’t plaster every wall in the house with childhood art – we’d soon run out of room! Enter some of my favorite companies for corralling art. As the end of the year nears, take some time to review and pull out the favorite pieces. Then decide which of these great companies has the product you want to turn that stack into, well, a work of art.
Take pictures of your kids’ artwork, then tag it and store it to turn it into any number of great products (from mugs to books and more). Download the app for your smartphone.
You send them your child’s artwork, they professionally digitize it and turn it into a book. You get all original artwork back.
Child’s Own Studio
This company takes your child’s drawing and turns it into a custom soft toy! These cuties are such a hot commodity that the producer only takes a limited number at a time. There are other similar great companies on Etsy.
Using your child’s drawing, this artist creates stunning and unique jewelry.
Have fun with whichever method you choose and don’t forget to get your kids involved in the decision. Not only will they love knowing that you treasure their creations, they will love that you did it together. And when the fall rolls around, you’ll already have some ideas for the new pieces to come.
You all know I love a great find, especially unique home furnishing finds! Two of my favorite styles of finds? Funky antique and handmade! Would you like to know where you can get some of both at a great upcoming event? Head over to Spokane Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2 for Farm Chicks!
I was really hoping to be able to go this year after hearing about it from my associate, Kathy, after she went last year, but sadly won’t be able to make it this year! I am however already getting in the books a trip for next year. With a Uhaul. Check out these pics of some of the cool things Kathy found last year! They have just about everything you could want, filling up two barns at the Spokane County Fairgrounds! If you go, will you please share your pictures with me so I can still pretend I was there?
For complete details check out the Farm Chicks website or their Facebook page. Happy shopping!
This just in from Amy & Kim – MamaCon’s co-founders:
An amazing mom who attended last year’s MamaCon believes so strongly in what the event can do for moms like you that she wants to make it possible for more moms to come this year. Wahoo!
This awesome anonymous mom is making it possible for 25 other moms to attend for FREE. Be one of the first 25 to use the code BOGO24 when you register this Friday and you can bring a friend for FREE!
(If you think MamaCon
is fun on your own, just wait til you come with a friend.)
Here’s how to make it happen:
- Find your buddy - post on Facebook or send an email telling your friends the first to get back to you can join you at MamaCon for FREE! (You can, of course, split the cost of one ticket making this a super duper affordable day of relaxing and refueling. Just a thought!)
- Deal with your kids - enlist your baby daddy, significant sidekick, mom, neighbor, whoever to wrangle the kids for a day. Arrange an “extendo-playdate” and promise to return the favor – you’ll be so re-energized after MamaCon that you’ll be up for hosting multiple playdates!
- Register for MamaCon this FRIDAY, May 10 starting at 5:00 AM for 24 hours only!
1) Register yourself. Use code BOGO24 and put your buddy’s name in the “How did you hear about us” section.
2) Register your buddy. Use code BOGO24 and put your name in the “How did you hear about us” section.
3) You must pay for each ticket via PayPal or credit card or it won’t work!
4) Your buddy’s name must be on your registration form or both tickets will be rejected.
There’s a limited amount and time so act fast! Mark your calendar and be ready to register at 5:00 AM on Friday.
WAIT, THERE’S MORE?!
Even if you miss out on the Buy One, Get One offer, there are still some amazing things happening at MamaCon, including mini workshops, a marketplace and drawings throughout the day. The amazing speakers (including me!) have generously donated the following consultations, workshops and programs! Winners will be announced throughout the day! Everyone gets a great bag of goodies as well!
- Clutter got you down? Clear The Clutter Workshop for your school, friends or moms’ group! ($350)
- Presented by Sara Eizen (that’s me!) – Nest – Reclaim Your Home
- Battling your body? A New Body Mind Makeover Jump Start Program ($497)
- The Critical Key to Sustainable Weight-Loss DVD/ROM
- A 3-month Membership in our Monthly Mentorship Program
- And a 45-minute Consultation with Carmella!
- Presented by Carmella Ramaglia - Happy Calories Don’t Count
- Create Happy Kids PTA Workshop ($350)
- Tune up your parenting strategies! Free parenting workshop for your school, friends or moms’ group!
- Presented by Dr. Shirin – Create Happy Kids
- Need more inner peace? 1 hour consultation to get you there plus a copy of her book ($90)
- Presented by Leta Hamilton – The Way Of The Toddler
- Kids making you nuts? Personal strategy session to get your most urgent parenting problem solved! ($149)
- Presented by Nita Talwar - Peak Experience Parenting
- Feeling frumpy? 30 Minute one-on-one wardrobe consultation so you look marvelous! ($75)
- Presented by Mayna Sgaramella McVey - Closet Fly
- Tired of being you? 45 minute coaching session to help you be a better YOU! ($125)
- Presented by Debbie Reber – Life Coach for Women & Teen Girls
- Picky eater? Get your kid’s annoying food habits under control with a coaching session! ($125)
- Presented by Beverly Pressey - Creating Healthy Eaters
- Parenting Party! Get a group of friends together and fine tune those parenting skills! ($350)
- Presented by Casey O’Roarty - Joyful Courage
- Better sex? 30 minute consultation to get easy to implement ideas for better sex for your busy life! ($75)
- Presented by Amy Johnson – Diligent Joy
- Time for the birds & bees talks? Personalized sex talk prep session so you can rock the sex talks with your kids! ($197)
- Presented by Amy Lang – Birds + Bees + Kids
- Tween home alone? Home alone safety workshop for your school, friends or moms’ group so you don’t need to worry quite so much! ($350)
- Presented by Kim – Savvy Parents Safe Kids
…And more from Self Care Genius Leslie Evans, BEK Bags and others!
Did you know MamaCon is home grown? Amy Lang & Kim Estes, local parent educators, realized moms need a time and space to take care of themselves. They created MamaCon to give you exactly that – a timeout from your juggling act! Join us!
PS If you join us at MamaCon and you have a horrible experience, they will give you your money back. Seriously.
This Sunday is Mother’s Day! Have you started dropping hints? Have you thought about what to get for your own mother? I’ve got some great last-minute gift ideas that will leave all the mothers in your life sitting pretty (and happy!).
Top row: Elevate her jewelry with this small pedestal stand (by Monkey & Goose; and there are more designs to choose from!) for only $11. Serving breakfast pancakes in bed? Put a different topping in each of the four scoops here and once breakfast is done, she can use this to contain anything from office supplies to jewelry ($22).
Middle row: Announce that special dessert without saying a word using this domed dessert stand ($31). What woman doesn’t enjoy a little makeup, even more lovely housed in a monogramed little bag by Toss (bag $18, patches $6 ea). Dinner by the candlelight of this exquisite ceramic floral candle holder would make any night beautiful ($50).
Bottom row: She’ll be reminded how much you love her each time she sees this “Love” pillow ($27). Take her to the spa, but first fill up this blue and white Grab Bag ($24) with her favorite pampering supplies!
Of course, one of the best gifts for any mom is helping her feel good about the place she calls home. How about a Nest gift certificate to reduce the clutter, create a peaceful space and let Mom relax while I do the work! Contact me today – I can either email a digital gift certificate directly or it can be printed out to slip right inside the card on Sunday!